Spec. No. JENF243A-0005Y-01 P.10/11
MURATA MFG.CO., LTD.
(3) Mounting Components Near Screw Holes
When a component is mounted near a screw hole, it may be affected by the board deflection that occurs during
the tightening of the screw. Mount the component in a position as far away from the screw holes as possible.
10-6. Mounting density
Add special attention to radiating heat of products when mounting the inductor near the products with heating.
The excessive heat by other products may cause deterioration at joint of this product with substrate.
10-7. Operating Environment
Do not use this product under the following environmental conditions, on deterioration of the Insulation
Resistance of the Ferrite material and/or corrosion of Inner Electrode may result from the use.
(1) in the corrodible atmosphere such as acidic gases, alkaline gases, chlorine, sulfur gases, organic gases and etc
(the sea breeze, Cl2, H2S, NH3, SO2, NO2,etc)
(2) in the atmosphere where liquid such as organic solvent, may splash on the products.
(3) in the atmosphere where the temperature / humidity changes rapidly and it is easy to dew.
10-8. Resin coating
The impedance value may change and/or it may affect on the product's performance due to high cure-stress of
resin to be used for coating / molding products. So please pay your careful attention when you select resin. In
prior to use, please make the reliability evaluation with the product mounted in your application set.
10-9. Cleaning Conditions
Products shall be cleaned on the following conditions.
(1) Cleaning temperature shall be limited to 60°C max. (40°C max. for IPA.)
(2) Ultrasonic cleaning shall comply with the following conditions, avoiding the resonance phenomenon
at the mounted products and P.C.B.
Power:20W/ max. Frequency:28kHz to 40kHz Time:5 min max.
•Isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
•PINE ALPHA ST-100S
(4) There shall be no residual flux and residual cleaner after cleaning.
In the case of using aqueous agent, products shall be dried completely after rinse with de-ionized water
in order to remove the cleaner.
(5) Other cleaning
Please contact us.
10-10. Handling of a substrate
After mounting products on a substrate, do not apply any stress to the product caused by bending or twisting to
the substrate when cropping the substrate, inserting and removing a connector from the substrate or tightening
screw to the substrate.
Excessive mechanical stress may cause cracking in the product.
Screw Hole Recommended