THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota, USA - November 9, 2012
Global electronic components distributor Digi-Key Corporation, recognized by design engineers as having the industry's largest selection of electronic components available for immediate shipment, today announced the addition of Vishay Precision Group's (VPG) precision foil resistors to its vast product line.
VPG's Vishay Foil Resistors (VFR) brand of bulk metal® foil resistors ‒ with the lowest TCR, PCR, current noise, thermal EMF, lowest cumulative end-of-life error envelope, and available in very tight tolerances ‒ are the highest precision resistors in the industry. They are commonly used in the most critical circuits in avionics, military and space (AMS) applications as well as in the medical, measurement/control, energy exploration/production, and automotive industries.
Digi-Key has been, and continues to be, a valued distributor of VFR's most popular precision resistor part numbers. Digi-Key now operates a VFR-approved precision center in which the distributor trims VFR-supplied resistor elements to the exact customer-requested resistance, specified to six-digits. The bulk metal® technology contains all of the operational precision and reliability within the resistor element. Digi-Key's final trimming to the exact resistance value maintains all the inherent performance characteristics of the original element. Now Digi-Key can ship VFR's newer VSM and VSMP models from its own finishing operations.
VSMP Series Foil Resistors
- Temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR): 0.05 ppm/°C typical (0 °C to + 60 °C) 0.2 ppm/°C typical (- 55 °C to + 125 °C, + 25 °C ref.)
- Resistance tolerance: to ± 0.01 %
- Power coefficient "ΔR due to self-heating": 5 ppm at rated power
- Power rating: up to 750 mW at 70 °C
- Load life stability: to ± 0.005 % at 70 °C, 2000 h at rated power
- Not restricted to standard values, specific "as required" values available (e.g. 1K2345 vs. 1K)
- Thermal stabilization time < 1 s (nominal value achieved within 10 ppm of steady state value)
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) at least to 25 kV
- Short time overload: ≤.005 %
- Non inductive, non-capacitive design
- High-precision applications such as aerospace, medical, measurement/control, energy exploration/production, and special automotive circuits
VPG's foil precision trimmed resistors are available for purchase now on Digi-Key's global websites.
About Digi-Key Corporation
Digi-Key Corporation, based in Thief River Falls, Minn., is a global, full-service provider of both prototype/design and production quantities of electronic components, offering more than three million products from over 650 quality name-brand manufacturers. With over one million products in stock and an impressive selection of online resources, Digi-Key is committed to stocking the broadest range of electronic components in the industry and providing the best service possible to its customers. Additional information and access to Digi-Key's broad product offering is available on the Digi-Key website.