Texas Instruments' SimpleLink MSP432E401Y and MSP432E411Y Arm Cortex-M4F microcontrollers provide top performance and advanced integration. The product families are positioned for cost-effective applications requiring significant control processing and connectivity capabilities.
The MSP432E401Y and MSP432E411Y microcontrollers integrate a large variety of rich communication features to enable a new class of highly connected designs with the ability to allow critical real-time control between performance and power. The microcontrollers feature integrated communication peripherals along with other high-performance analog and digital functions to offer a strong foundation for many different target uses, spanning from human-machine interface (HMI) to networked system management controllers.
In addition, the MSP432E401Y and MSP432E411Y microcontrollers offer the advantages of widely available development tools, system-on-chip (SoC) infrastructure, and a large user community for Arm-based microcontrollers. Additionally, these microcontrollers use the Arm Thumb®-compatible Thumb-2® instruction set to reduce memory requirements and, thereby, cost. When using the SimpleLink MSP432™ SDK, the MSP432E401Y and MSP432E411Y microcontrollers are code compatible with all members of the extensive SimpleLink family, providing flexibility to fit precise needs.
The MSP432E401Y and MSP432E411Y devices are part of the SimpleLink microcontroller (MCU) platform, which consists of Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® low energy, Sub-1 GHz, Ethernet, Zigbee®, thread, and host MCUs, which all share a common, easy-to-use development environment with a single core software development kit (SDK) and rich tool set. A one-time integration of the SimpleLink platform enables the user to add any combination of the portfolio’s devices into the design, allowing 100 percent code reuse when the design requirements change. For more information, visit www.ti.com/simplelink.
- 120 MHz Arm Cortex-M4F processor core with floating-point unit (FPU)
- Ethernet MAC 10/100 with integrated Ethernet PHY;
- Ethernet PHY with IEEE 1588 PTP hardware support
- USB 2.0 OTG, host, or device with ULPI interface option and LPM
- UARTs each with independently clocked transmitter and receiver
- QSSI with bi-, quad-, and advanced-SSI support
- 10 I2C modules with high-speed mode support
- 2 CAN 2.0 A and B controllers: multicast shared serial-Bus standard
- One 1-wire module with a bidirectional serial communication protocol provides both power and data over a single wire (MSP432E411Y)
- 1024 KB of Flash memory with 4-bank configuration supports an independent code protection for each bank
- 256 KB of SRAM with single-cycle access, provides nearly 2 GB/s memory bandwidth at 120 MHz clock frequency
- 6 KB EEPROM: 500 kwrite per 2-page block, leveling, lock protection
- Internal ROM loaded with SimpleLink SDK software
- Peripheral driver library
- EPI: 8-, 16-, or 32-bit dedicated parallel interface to access external devices and memory (SDRAM, Flash, or SRAM)
- AES hardware accelerated data encryption and decryption based on 128-, 192-, and 256-bit keys
- DES hardware accelerated data encryption and decryption supported by block cipher implementation with 168-bit effective key length
- SHA/MD5 advanced hash engine that supports SHA-1, SHA-2, and MD5 hash computation
- CRC hardware
- Support for four tamper inputs and configurable tamper event response
- Two 12-bit SAR-based ADC modules, each supports up to 2 Msps
- 3 independent analog comparator controllers
- 16 digital comparators
- System management
- JTAG module with integrated Arm SWD provides a means of accessing and controlling design-for-test features such as I/O pin observation and control, scan testing, and debugging.
- Development kits and software
- SimpleLink MSP-EXP432E401Y LaunchPad™ development kit
- SimpleLink MSP432E4 software development kit (SDK)
- Package information
- Package: 128-pin TQFP (PDT) (MSP432E401Y)
- Package: 212-ball NFBGA (ZAD) (MSP432E411Y)
- Extended operating temperature (ambient) range: -40°C to +105°C